At Pan-American School, outstanding performance aligned with our philosophy, values and the attributes of the IB Learner Profile are recognized through various awards. Each year, the Mister Scholarship is awarded to the student who best exemplifies PAS values, and has demonstrated excellence in their learning over the course of their Middle School years (Grade 6 to Grade 8). Current students who are recipients of this award are:
- Guillermo Pérez Magno (2018), class of 2022
- Carlos Alejandro González Bachmann (2019), class of 2023
- Mariana Hernández Bueno (2020), class of 2024 and
- Marianne Weber Arroyo (2021), class of 2025
A number of additional awards celebrate student development across a range of areas.
- Primary School Merit Awards: Academic Merit and Conduct Awards are granted to deserving Fourth and Fifth-grade students at the end of the year. They are divided into three categories: Academic Honors, Conduct Honors, Combined Honors Awards.
- IB Learner Profile Award. Teachers observe students in order to identify the IB Learner Profile traits that each of them has best embodied during the year. Each student is presented with a certificate recognizing this trait at the end of the year.
- Values Awards: Pan-American School’s core values are embedded in all social and academic situations. Each year, teachers nominate students to receive these awards based on their interactions inside and outside the classroom.
- Academic Recognition: Academic Excellence awards are given to students in Secondary who demonstrate academic growth and improvement over both semesters in all subjects. These awards are given in a ceremony at the beginning of each new school year.